Prepare work zone Traffic management plan
Duration2 Days face to face including assessment + pre work
RIISS00056 – TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT DESIGNER SKILL SET
This skill set addresses the skills and knowledge to work in traffic management designer operations in a traffic management context. It is for individuals who work in traffic management designer contexts, and who work across a broad range of functions and may be responsible for team outcomes.
This course provides the skills and knowledge required for individuals responsible for developing traffic management plans and traffic guidance schemes to perform a preliminary risk assessment of a temporary traffic management site and design traffic management plans and traffic guidance schemes.
This course does not qualify a participant to control traffic with a stop/slow bat, or boom gate, or set up work with traffic control plans.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to obtain a SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training (TCWT) card Prepare a work zone traffic management plan.
The course fees include all classroom training, simulated assessments and live project assessments. It also includes fees associated with receiving SafeWork NSW cards.
Units of competency
- RIIRIS402E Carry out the risk management process
- RIICWD503E Prepare traffic management plans and traffic guidance schemes
Training is supported through the provision of quality learning materials and resources. Learner guides, learning resources, lessons and assessments will be provided through our online learner portal. It is recommended students bring their laptop or device to the face-to-face training and a pen and notepad for individual notes.
This course is delivered and assessed as follows:
- Online lessons and assessments to be completed prior to face-to-face training day.
- Classroom delivery with theory and assessments which includes an opportunity for student interaction, group activities and workplace simulations. Students will conduct a risk assessment in a live or simulated environment as part of their training and project assessment.
- Project assessment will include the submission of two different traffic management plans with site risk assessments and traffic guidance schemes.
Assessments are conducted in real life workplace situations with SafeWork NSW approved assessors.
- Proof of identity
- USI – Unique Student Identifier. If you do not have a USI or can’t remember it please go to www.usi.gov.au
Training and assessment requirements:
- PPE must be worn (boots, long pants, long sleeve shirt, hat/cap, sun glasses)
- Students will need to be able to use a computer and mobile device, have a basic understanding of written and oral English and be able to communicate orally and in writing at a basic level.
There are no training package pre-requisites for this course however it is recommended that that you have experience in traffic control and in implementing traffic control plans.
What to expect
Training will include:
- online theory and assessment tasks
- classroom learning and activities
- theory questionnaires and group activities
- practical risk assessment activities in live environments
- practical traffic management plan design using computerised programs
At the completion of this course students should have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Prepare Traffic guidance schemes
- Conduct risk assessments as they apply to Temporary Traffic Management, and apply risk control measures
- Prepare Traffic Management Plans
- Support and review traffic management plan implementation
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be provided with a SafeWork NSW Statement of Completion (SOC) certificate which allows you to work in the Traffic Control Industry immediately whilst waiting for final assessment which will be conducted in a live environment. The SOC is valid for 90 days only.
Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be awarded a statement of attainment for the units of competency that have been trained and assessed which is submitted to SafeWork NSW.
Pathways to further training
The units included in this course may provide credit towards Certificate II and Certificate III qualifications in the RII Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package and other training packages, such as RII30920 Certificate III in Civil Construction or equivalent.